Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 8 - A place you’ve traveled to

I haven't done a ton of travelling - I often envy those who do. I am fascinated with blogs such as Puffer and the Baby Fishies who have it together enough to travel with twins!! We travelled once with Cheeks - to Ohio - and it was a NIGHTMARE. This summer, we are driving to NY - I really should start planning for that now!

That being said, for this post, I want to write about a trip we took before we had Cheeks. We have friends who live over in Scotland. They invited us to come stay with them and explore their country. Needless to say, it was breathtakingly beautiful over there. Rolling hills, sheep, green as far as the eyes can see. The history is almost intimidating if you stand in a historical long enough to think about what happened there. Doc and I actually stood in the room where Mary Queen of Scots was born! Our friends showed off their hometown of Glascow, and took us to Andstrother for the country's best fish and chips. We also went to Ayr, St. Andrews, and Edinburgh. We toured The Edinborough Castle, St. Andrews Castle, and Stirling Castle.

The trip was just fantastic. One evening, we took a sleep train down to London and spent the day there. I was in complete awe and fascination. I had seen pictures - but it was so much different than I had ever imagined. There we saw all the big sights: Buckingham Palace, The Londone Eye, Tower of London, and Harrids. We were completely exhausted after that day, and slept well on the sleeper train back to Glascow.

Bryson was conceived the month after we returned home from our trip. We are sure the Scottish air had to have had something to do with our luck in that arena. Both Doc and I cannot wait to travel back to Scotland again - next time with Cheeks in tow.



No comments:

Post a Comment