Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 27 - Pets

This is a sad post for me. Over the years, Doc and I have adopted several pets. By the time Cheeks came along, we had 4 cats and a dog. Needless to say, my fur-babies don't get the attention they need with so many of them and the baby. So we are working on finding new homes for some of them. Boo recently went to live at Caboodle Ranch - full with cat Walmarts, a cat City Hall, and tree houses. I hate thinking of her there - but I know she is probably happier.

Next to go to their new home will be Sophia. She is our youngest cat. We are bringing her to live with a friend up in NY state. They just lost a cat that looks just like her - so they are excited to have her.

That leaves us with two cats and one dog - a bit more manageable. Harley is our dog. She is part bull terrier (pit bull), and part whippet. She is the sweetest thing ever and lets Cheeks play with her dog tags and sit on her like a bench. She looks mean and has a ferocious bark - but wouldn't hurt a fly.

The two cats are Maxx (short for Maxxine) and TJ (short for Toe Joe). Maxx is all black and TJ is a big old red cat. They are both lap cats and just want to be loved.

I wish we could keep all of them - but I know they will all have happier lives with more attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment