Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 16 - Dream House

This post could probably go on forever! Doc and I purchased our first house on a whim. I know - not very smart. We've learned a lot of what we do and do not want from this home.

We purchased a townhome, so my first requirement for my dream house is a single family home - where we own all four walls and the roof. I am also sick of stairs! So I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a one story house. I want the kitchen and living area to be one large space, so that when we entertain guests, I can be cooking and socializing all at once. That would also help with giving Cheeks more play area while Doc or I prepare our dinner. I really want a big kitchen, with lots of cabinet space, an island, and a double oven. I would like to have 5 bedrooms. This would allow the following:

1. Master bedroom for Doc and me.
2. Room for Cheeks.
3. Room for a future family member :)
4. Guest room.
5. Office

Living in FL, we don't have basements - so lots of storage would be a must (as is a garage! I'd also love a huge fenced in backyard for the kids and dog to run around and play in. Doc's requirement would be a pool in the backyard (and I would concur with that in our FL heat). And I would like a swing set for the kids to play on.

As far as decorating, I want something warm and comfortable. Not too modern - but not too traditional. I like furniture that doubles as storage as well. It would be fantastic to have a professional organizer come organize all of our crap (for lack of a better word!) OK - I think I'm getting off topic now LOL

That's pretty much it - a nice, medium to large sized house to fit our family that has lots of storage, and is all on one floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment