Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 18 - Something you regret

My biggest regret is the path I took in school. I had no clue what I wanted to do with my life, so I settled on business since a lot of my credits fit with that major. I graduated in a B.S. in Marketing. I went back a few years later to get my M.B.A. Today, I hate what I do for a living. There is no moral satisfaction in it. I take home a paycheck and can support my family - but I don't do anything "good" for the world.

I regret not sitting down and really determining what I would like to do. If I had to to do all over again, I would have majored in either education or a career in the healthcare field. I would love to do something that helps people and society as a whole. Unfortunately, with 40K in student loans under my belt, I don't see myself ever being able to make this career switch as those fields require additional schooling.

That is my biggest regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment