Monday, November 29, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

We are a lucky family - we celebrate both Hanukkah AND Christmas! I am very excited for Hanukkah and Christmas this year with Cheeks and Doc. This Saturday, we are having the family over for our annual Hanukkah Hurrah! My mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, niece, aunt, and uncle will be coming to our little townhome to celebrate, eat, and open presents! I normally stress out about where people will sit - but not this year, this year my only focus is on making sure Cheeks has a fantabulous time opening his presents and eating his chicken, carrots, and matzoh balls!!

The first night of Hanukkah is actually Wednesday 12/1 this year, but we always have the Hurrah on the Saturday night during Hanukkah to allow me time to prep everything while working. Thank goodness Doc is here to help with the prep! Can't wait to post pics. But this Wednesday, Cheeks will get his first Hanukkah present - A BIG BOY CHAIR!



So we have our Hanukkah traditions. Christmas is a whole new ball game this year though! Even though Cheeks is only going to be 9.5 months, he is going to bake cookies for Santa with his Mommy! I want to put out cookies and milk every year before he goes to bed. Baking is something I love to do - and it is something that I want to build into our holiday traditions. Maybe we will take a drive and look at lights on Chrismtas Eve..hmmm...note - must discuss all of my ideas with Doc!! In the meantime, here are a couple of holiday pics of Cheeks:











No comments:

Post a Comment