Friday, November 26, 2010

Cheeks and Thanksgiving - Two Peas in a Pod!!

Thanksgiving weekend has been wonderful so far this year. We took a road trip down to my parents - Scottish neighbors in tow for their first Thanksgiving holiday! They were very excited and wound up enjoying it tremendously. Cheeks did great on the ride down as Doc had strung up the backseat with links, and toys hanging from the links...it was a baby wonderland back there!

So Cheeks hasn't been wanting to eat too much in the past couple of weeks. Baby food has become a modern day form of torture for the boy, and formula just doesn't seem as tasty to him anymore. Fast forward to Thanksgiving. We spread turkey pieces, stuffing, sweet potatoes, pieces of a dinner roll, and peas on his high chair tray. THE BOY GOBBLED IT ALL UP!!! He loves Thanksgiving as much as his Mommy and Mama do!! We had leftovers tonight, and he repeated the eagerness to eat all the bits on his tray. I decided to mix in some Beech-Nut Sweet Corn Casserole as he ate his bits and pieces of Thanksgiving leftovers. You would have thought I was trying to feed Cheeks glass shards!! He made faces, pushed away the spoon...but again, gobbled up all of the goodness on his tray that was from the normal foods. I'm so glad he enjoyed his dinner...and can't wait to start introducing Cheeks to more foods. My question now - has anyone else experienced this? Is 9 months too early to stop baby food??

I followed up Thanksgiving Day with a wake up alarm at 1:45AM to start my Black Friday shopping. Four hours later, I was back asleep and felt accomplished with my deals from K0hl's, Tar.get, T0ys - R - Us, and Best.B*y!

Thanksgiving pictures to follow once we are back home and I have a chance to download them! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment