Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Hanukkah!

Tonight is Cheeks' first night of Hanukkah! I have so many great memories of Hanukkah growing up. My sister and I would wait on the couch in the family room while my Mom and Dad would go into their closet to pick out our gift(s) for the night. We'd light the menorah, and open gifts. The gifts that stick out in my mind from childhood are (in no particular order):

1. Red Schwinn 10-speed
2. Yellow Sony Boom Box
3. NKOTB Christmas Album
4. Amy Grant Album
5. A box of stickers (I don't know why this stands out, but it does - and I remember we had dinner at BagelLand the night I got the box of stickers!)

I am excited for Cheeks to form these same memories and pass them along to his children. Tonight he will get his big boy chair. After he goes to sleep, I will clean the house in prep for the big Hanukkah Hurrah dinner on Saturday, and I will wrap the remainder of his Hanukkah gifts.

HAPPY HANUKKAH TO ALL!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment