Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thoughts on Traditions

I am very sentimental. Doc likes poking fun at me for just how sentimental I am. But I think it's important to have traditions, and things to look back on as well as forward to. I want to make sure that we create traditions for Cheeks that he will look back on with smiles and carry on for years to come with his spouse and children.

That being said, it is that infamous time of year for family traditions. This Thursday will be Cheeks' first Thanksgiving! I am running a bit behind, but I've yet to decide what our Thanksgiving tradition will be. We ALWAYS spend it with my side of the family - and that in itself is a tradition. When I was a kid, breaking the wishbone with my sister was a tradition - and I'm excited for when B is a bit older to do that with his cousins or brother/sister (whichever he may have!) I want to make sure (while he may not be able to this year) that he reflects back on what he is thankful for - because when I hear stories of such horror in the world, I know exactly how lucky our family is. I hope to shield Cheeks from that horror - but at the same time, make sure he knows too, just how lucky he is.

Speaking of traditions, it is a family that enjoys them. Last night, we made a decision on our family. For quite some time, Doc and I went back and forth - I wanted three children, she wanted two. After a lot of thinking, and digging, and thinking, and thinking, I now agree with Doc - our next child will complete our family. I am very excited that we made our final decision. It puts our family on a path with a plan, and I like that. Now should we have twins, I wouldn't be opposed (although reading some of your blogs, that would be VERY hard I think!!)

And with that, just in case I don't get to blog - HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO BLOGLAND! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment