Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Growth Spurt?

Cheeks woke up screaming/crying today at 6:30am.  This is a wee bit early for him.  He fell back asleep, but at 7:00am the screaming/crying started up again.  I went into his room.  He was laying on his back with tears streaming down his face, arms stretched up for me to pick him up.  I did so, and his tear stained face just plopped on my shoulder.  We went downstairs for some milk - which he wanted nothing to do with.  Upon seeing the milk, the crying started again.  After about 20 minutes of intermitent crying/screaming/head on shouldering, I decided to put Cheeks back up to sleep.  Maybe he was still tired?  I put some Orajel on his gums (maybe his teeth hurt??)

He fell back asleep in about 30 seconds.  Whew!  I left for work, and Doc waited for our boy to wake up.  He woke up...very clingy...and became very happy after he ate some eggs (2) and a whole banana!!  Little by little, the temper tantrums started flaring up again.  Some Cheez-its seemed to calm him for a second time.

I am wondering if Cheeks is going through a growth spurt?  He is cranky, irritable, and HUNGRY.  One of the hardest parts of being a mommy is seeing your child unhappy and not knowing why or what you can do for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment