Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy and Sad Notes

I know I haven't posted in awhile. We have had a hectic few days celebrating mama's birthday and traveling to visit with family in S. Florida. We had a fantastic time. Cheeks had a ball with our family over the weekend. We went swimming, out to dinner a few times, had a BBQ, and went to that bounce house place. Cheeks and his cousin Sammi had a BLAST. Let's just say I now know why adults don't have bounce house parties...I am way too old and out of shape for those things! But it's a good work out let me tell you!! So it was a great weekend had by all - we wish it didn't have to end.

I've been checking in on everyone's blogs - enjoying the updates. There is one blog in particular that I have become a dedicated reader to. I'm not sure if anyone else in the gay/lesbian parent blog circle reads this one, but it's heartbreaking. Mel at Three Times the Fun started a blog awhile back about her family - her, her husband, their 4 year old son, and their 6-month old TRIPLETS!! What a handful, huh? Well, last week, one of the triplets was found in his crib not breathing. A few days later, he passed away. She has been chronicling the week so amazingly well for a mom that must be going through hell. I don't know this woman (she is actually a friend of a friend), but being a mom, I feel her pain. I cannot imagine what she is going through. I think I would cease to function if anything happened to Cheeks. It's a beautifully written, sometimes heart wrenching read. Please keep this family in your thoughts as they go through this hard time. She noted in her blog that Owen's color was orange (they color coded the triplets) - tomorrow is Owen's funeral - she asked that everyone wear orange. While I don't know this family - her blog has touched me deeply - I will be wearing orange tomorrow to show my support as a fellow mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment