Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 4 – What has most surprised you about parenthood?

Dear Cheeks -

What has surprised me most about parenthood?  I'm going to have to say the combination of how difficult it is combined with how rewarding and fun it is.  Being a parent means setting a good example for, interacting with, and teaching to your child.  It means sleepless nights, picking up colds and germs, and dealing with temper tantrums (yes, you have started to throw these FULL ON at 15 months my dear son).  But it also means huge smiles, big hugs, and unconditional love.  My favorite part of the day is when I spend time with you.  Last night, we just ran back and forth from the family room to the kitchen - we were both laughing so hard.  I think what is the most surprising to me is how frustrated you can be as a mom one minute, and enamoured with love the next.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment