Monday, May 23, 2011

Best.Weekend.Ever.

We had such a great weekend. I wish it didn't have to end. We started off Friday night just relaxing around the house, doing a bit of food shopping, and playing outside.

On Saturday, we had a playdate at the zoo where we met a very nice mom and son. I swear Cheeks and this boy could be brothers - same height, same exact color hair - it's very cute! Hopefully we will expand the friendship - the age is perfect for be (within a few months of each other).

Saturday night, we took Cheeks to a very fun indoor bounce house place. At first Cheeks was hesitant with the new surroundings. It didn't take long for him to start having a blast though! He even slid down a big slide several times!!! I highly recommend this place for anyone with toddlers as they have two toddler bounce houses. It's a perfect outlet for energy on days where it is too hot/rainy/yucky to be outside.

After the bounce houses, we had dinner at a local pizza place. It was outstanding! Cheeks was wore out by the time we got home and he went straight to bed. Doc and I enjoyed watching 48 hours mystery and Saturday Night Live (who doesn't love a good Justin Timberlake episode???)

Yesterday we stayed around the house earlier in the day. Doc got some spring cleaning done on the patios and I played with Cheeks. After Cheeks' nap, we packed up and headed over to the Magic Kingdom! Oh what fun. Cheeks had a haircut at the Harmony Barber Shop (second one there - we love it!) What was exciting about this trip for us was that Cheeks was much more interactive. On It's a Small World he was pointing at all of the animitronics. He enjoyed the Country Bear Jamboree. What was the best for me was seeing his reaction to The Main Street Electrical Parade! He was in awe. This was special to me because when I used to work at Disney, I'd make it a point to watch the parade every time I was working during that time slot. I loved it then - and I love it now. I am so glad that Cheeks seemed to love it as much as I do!!

And now for some pics of our weekend:

Playing with chalk:

Not so sure about the bounce house:

OK - so this place isn't so bad:

Always finding a truck to play with wherever we go:

Being a silly, happy boy at dinner:

Getting a haircut at Disney:

Post Haircut:

Being silly and burning off some energy!:

Waiting for the parade:

Great opportunity for a family pic:

Ohhhh....what pretty lights in the parade:

Passed out after a great weekend:

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog through Creating a Miracle.

    We have an appointment for the Harmony Barbershop in September. Our LO will be 21 months and having her first haircut! I'm hoping we can hold off until then because it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete