Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Regression

So Cheeks has met the inevitable regression that I have been reading about on other blogs. My perfect night time sleeper has begun waking up for a bottle around 11:30 pm each night. At first, I thought it was just a one night set-back. We have gone three nights now where he will not even take a second glance at his pre-bedtime bottle, then starts crying at 11:30 because he is hungry. I am trying to nip this in the bud - suggestions welcome to anyone out there who may be reading this!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe he's eating dinner too close to the bedtime bottle so not hungry for it? What time does he eat dinner, does he get a bottle with dinner, and what time is bedtime bottle? Maybe if you rearrange some things he will take his bottle again before bed? Like instead of giving him a bottle after dinner give him a cup with water? Are you sure he's definitely hungry? My son started waking up right after he learned to pull up and cruise. He was just excited about his new trick. He would fuss and I would let him CIO. Only lasted a few nights and he learned to put himself back to sleep. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! We tried feeding him dinner a bit earlier last night, and then bumped up bedtime to 8pm...so he had about 2 hours in bewteen dinner and his bottle. He still refused the bottle at first. After a bit of a struggle, he finally gave in and drank the bottle. I'm wondering if it's a stubborn thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha probably stubborn! Did he sleep through the night then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He sure did! He slept from 8:30 until 8:00. Thanks for the advice - and for reading my blog! :) I added yours to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete