Monday, January 10, 2011

Changes

Our household got knocked down last week with one (or two) nasty bugs. Cheeks got an upper respiratory infection, followed by a secondary infection. I had a stomach bug, followed by Cheeks' illness. Doc is now at home sick with my stomach bug and a 102 degree fever!

In the midst of all of this, Cheeks' has gained a sense of independence! He now is fully mobile and in complete exploratory mode! He crawls everywhere, and is facinated by electrical outlets (yes, we have all of ours covered, but they still fascinate him). He pulls himself up, lets himself down, pulls himself back up, walks along the coffee table, couch, and his toys. Last night, he walked from me to Doc in no time flat while utilizing the coffee table AND couch for support! I don't think it will be too long before Cheeks is running around!

He no longer stays confined to the living room...that is too boring for him...he now crawls his way into the dining room and kitchen! It is exhausting to say the least! Last night, I took out a big pot, a big wooden spoon, and a couple of magnets. He had a blast putting the magnets in and out of the pot. It was nice to have something simple like that to keep him busy while I prepared dinner.

This is definitely a fun, exciting, and challenging stage - something new for me to get used to!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog keeps getting better and better!! I just love it.....of course!! MOM

    ReplyDelete