Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chaos and Order

There are some people in this world who seem to have a very relaxed life. There house is always clean, household items are always available, schedules are followed. Our household is not one of those. We always TRY to be one of those households, but we just aren't. If you were to look up "Chaos" in the dictionary, you would inevitably find "home of Cheeks'" as the definition.

For the longest time, this stressed me out and made me sad that I didn't have the standard "orderly" life I wanted for my child. Then I realized last night, we are happy! I may have left a dish or two in the sink this past week, and we may need to do quite a bit of cleaning this weekend, but our son is happy and healthy. He, himself, has a schedule that we really stick to - and he has created this schedule himself for the most part:

8am - wake up
9am - breakfast
noon - naptime
2pm - lunch
5pm - mommy home from work and playtime
6pm - dinner
7:30pm - bath and bedtime

I also find that I have somewhat of a schedule for myself - at least on days that I work:

6am - alarm goes off - round 1
6:10 - round 2
6:20 - round 3
6:30 - finally out of bed/showered/dressed
7am - take out dog
7:15 - get lunch together
7:30 - off to work
8am - start work
4:30pm - come home!!
5:00 - playtime with Cheeks
6:00 - Dinner time
7:30 - Bath and Bedtime routine with Cheeks
8pm - Dinner dishes
8:30pm Coupons/TV time
10:30pm - Bedtime

So while on the outside, it may not look like it, my life isn't complete chaos - there is some order in it. I just had to sit down and blog to find out where that order was. Next steps - add hours into the day to clean and organize the house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment